This Privacy Notice sets out how Advantage Physiotherapy Ltd collects, processes and stores any personal information you share with us.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Advantage Physiotherapy Ltd is the data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection officer is Kelly Breen.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:• Demographic data such as name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address, GP details, Consultant details and work/hobbies/sport
• Medical history, medications, current medical concerns
• Policy numbers and authorisation codes related to Private Medical Insurance companies
• Dates and times of physiotherapy appointments
• Physiotherapy assessment and treatment clinical notes
• Referral letters to/from other medical practitioners or Allied Health Professionals
• Credit card receipts and records of invoices and payments
• Testimonial or reviews that you choose to leave on social media or other websites
Why we need this information
• To provide a legal record of any treatment/advice we provide and meet standards of record keeping set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
• To book/amend appointments and send out confirmation and reminder emails or texts
• To aid diagnosis and help inform treatment plans
• To identify if there are any risks or contraindications to treatments
• To communicate with or refer on to other medical or health practitioners who are involved in your care regarding progress or further investigations
• To meet our contractual commitments to Private Medical Insurance companies with regards to billing/update/discharge reports
• To be able to resolve any complaints/queries regarding treatment or payment
• To be able to participate in audits in order to improve standards of care
We are committed to ensuring that your information is held securely, both electronically and in paper format. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard your data. We are legally required to keep your data for a minimum of 8 years, or up to the age of 26 years for children as stated by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Testimonials or reviews will be available to view online for an indefinite period of time.
Disclosure of data
Advantage Physiotherapy Ltd will not share your data with any third parties without your consent. Contractual commitments may require us to send update/discharge reports and invoices to Private Medical Insurance companies. This may include using online portals, secure emailing or scanning documents. Referrals to GP’s, Consultants or other health/medical practitioners may be completed by post, email or online.
Access to your data
Should you wish to gain a copy of the information we hold you can request this by contacting our Practice Manager or Paul Gibson on firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to 3 Nightingales Corner, Little Chalfont, Amersham, Bucks HP7 9PY. You will receive this information within 1 month of the request.
Data for Impact Audit in association with the University of Brighton
This physiotherapy practice participates in a national audit called the Physio First Date for Impact study. This project has been commissioned by Physio First (the Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice) to enable private practitioners to fully understand and quantify treatment provided. General details such as age and occupation are collected as well as why physiotherapy is needed, what treatment was given and the outcome on discharge from physiotherapy. All information is anonymised and inputted into a computer. This information is then analysed by The University of Brighton and correlated with other physiotherapy practices across the UK.
• To be able to rectify any errors in the data we hold. Please let us know if any of the information we have is incorrect
• To request for the personal data we hold to be erased. However, this may not always be possible if it falls within the time period of our legal obligation to retain the clinical notes
• To be able to change your permission/preferences of who we share your data with at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com with such a request
• To raise a concern regarding how we use your data, please contact our Practice Manager or Paul Gibson on firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 3 Nightingales Corner, Little Chalfont, Amersham, Bucks HP7 9PY. If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or visit ico.org.uk/concerns.
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed annually to reflect any changes to our services.